Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tonight I grilled salmon and pork tenderloin

This afternoon I on my way home I stopped by our favorite supermarket, Adams Fairacre Farm, in Newburgh


to buy a 2.25 lb pork tenderloin and two whole chicken breasts. I will need to plan better for any type of supermarket purchases because at Adams they have a weekly special that they call Customer Appreciation Evening where you get 20% off your purchase. So, if I schedule my visits better I will be getting a better deal. Not bad!

So, back to the tenderloin. Here it is below waiting to be seasoned and placed on the tray. I used the following:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon Sunny Spain seasoning(Diane's gift)
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard



 Check out the label, $3.69/lb for the pork.


Still inside the house getting ready to start the fire. One sheet from a newspaper with some vegetable oil and that is wrapped with another dry sheet.


I took three paper towel squares with some water and vegetable oil in order to clean and sear the grill.


I also got the salmon ready. Simple stuff: some olive oil, salt, pepper. I also got a clean plate with foil to bring the food back at home after it was cooked.


While I was getting ready to start the fire it started to snow.






The Weber fire starter is filled with coals and at the bottom I have the oily newspapers. The fire started and the coals were soon ready for the grill. When grilling outdoors you need to be vary careful so you don't set the house on fire. This is true especially when using coals.



I had the apple wood soaking in water and I placed four chunks on top of the charcoal heap. Finally the grill is ready for the food.


Here is the tenderloins and salmon, perfect together. Well, this was an oops. The salmon takes seven minutes to cook and the tenderloin takes 50 minutes. I should have cooked the pork first and the last few minutes to add the fish. Whoopsie daisy.


I rotated the pork three times for even cooking. I was surprised with the charcoals, though. The temperature in the grill was at 400 degrees consistently and I didn't have to add any additional coals.

One hour later the pork was finally ready. I tested the internal temperature of the pork and it was almost 160 degrees. Took it off the fire, prepared the grill by shutting the air vents and went inside the house.


Eileen had a nice salad ready that complemented our dinner. Raspy liked the dinner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment