Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thinking about the weekend

I have two whole chicken breasts that I purchased recently and I was thinking of doing something different with them. I will split each one of the two breasts into four pieces and grill them, of course. I will place a tray with quartered potatoes directly under them in the grill. This way, all the chicken drippings will fall on the potatoes adding a nice flavor to them. I will buy red potatoes for this experiment.

I will coat the potatoes ahead of time with olive oil, salt pepper, and oregano. I think they will cook very nicely with the chicken fat.

Also, I want to make Yankee beans on the grill.

I will work on this on Saturday morning, weather permitting. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really good, using the chicken fat for flavor on the potatoes! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete