Saturday, February 2, 2013

Assembling a Weber

Today, January 30, 2013 I went to the hardware store to pick up the Weber. On the way there I was thinking about a name for the grill. I wanted to give it a Greek name and finally I picked Achilles. You see the grill has three legs, two of which have wheels and the third doesn't because it provides stability. Achilles was invulnerable in all of his body except for his heel. The term Achilles' heel has come to mean one's point of weakness, hence the weakness of the grill? But I digress.

When I arrived at the hardware store I saw Achilles. He was sitting sideways waiting for me.


What a beautiful box. Look at it. This is a site for sore eyes, I tell ya. Well, I went in the store and yelled at the manager because the box should have been placed right side up and not sideways. Any way. I also picked up Weber a charcoal fire starter. I read many blogs where people were raving about it. So, heeeeeeere is the fire starter.


Let's not forget the charcoal. Can't have a fire with out it. Ha ha. I am joking. The clerk went in the back and brought a small bag of charcoal. Now that got me angry. He saw me coming. Tall, bearded, bald, with a heavy Greek accent, taking lots of stupid pictures and he thought I was an average grill shopping dude. No sir! Not me. I sent him back to get the biggest baddest bag of charcoal they had. Here is the proof.


The bag to the right has the bottles to be returned at the super market.



After going home I started to put Achilles together. What a job that was. The "directions" had pictures only and no words. It's very difficult to communicate without words, I think. So here are a few pictures of the process.


and


Look at that temperature gauge. It's a beauty. Isn't it? The round thing to the right of the handle is the smoke/air vent.



In the above picture you can see the cover hanging on the side of the grill. There is a generous hook there that functions as such. Also, here is one of the best selling points of this grill. It has a hinged cooking grate! When you want to add coal the process is a snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment