Thursday, March 7, 2019

Greek Prasorizo - Leek and Rice

This was my dad's most favorite dish and my mom would make it very often for him. The recipe is very simple and easy to follow. Because leeks are grown in sandy soil, the most difficult part is washing the leeks.

The ingredients are few and can scale easily.
  • One cup of rice.
  • Two leeks, cut lengthwise and then cut roughly.
  • One large diced onion.
  • Two cups of vegetable broth.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
In this recipe I make a quick vegetable stock and use it instead of using water to make the rice. The vegetable stock adds a new dimension to this dish. Please stay away from store-bought stocks.

I made a nice YouTube video of the whole process and I think you'll enjoy it. 


This is such a wonderful dish that can be eaten as a meal or as a nice side dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment