Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow

It's 1:22pm, February 12, 2019, and in Orange County, NY, it's been snowing for several hours already. I'm indoors trying to concentrate and come up with a strategy on starting seeds indoors. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get two fluorescent lights for the seed project to be successful. You see, the seeds will not germinate unless they get lots of light and heat from the lamps.

Minimally, by the end of February I will need to start my asparagus seeds indoors, if I want to harvest a few spears next year. As it turns out, asparagus will grow year after year, but it takes at least two years for it to establish itself.

Who am I kidding here? I have spring fever and I'm daydreaming about my garden.

This is the view from inside the house.


Keep dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment