Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry 2018 Christmas You Filthy Animal and Happy Chicken Stock Making

I got up at 6:00 am today, December 25th 2018, to call my Greek relatives, and by the time I finished making all of the calls, I couldn't go back to bed. So, if you asking "What is Evan cooking now?",  it is chicken stock. I created a similar post five years ago and that was very successful.

Shiver me timbers! Here is my very first youtube video.



I had purchased four chicken backs from Adams Fairacre Farms in Newburgh, NY, and a variety of vegetables.



  • four chicken backs;
  • four medium onions, peeled and quartered;
  • four large carrots, peeled and cut in one-inch pieces;
  • four garlic cloves;
  • four celery stalks, cut in one-inch pieces.
Let's not forget the peelings. Usually I have a large bowl nearby for the peelings and vegetable scraps. If I need to make vegetable stock, I save all scraps in ziplock bags and place the bags in the freezer. If I don't need to save the peelings for vegetable stock, I  mulch them. I add some water to the bottom of the bowl so the peelings don't stick to the bowl. For this morning's chicken stock I accumulated a few peelings and here is the image.


Merry Christmas you filthy animal and happy cooking! 


No comments:

Post a Comment