Thursday, December 27, 2018

Buckwheat Bread Recipe - A Gordian Knot!

The Gordian Knot is a Greek legend associated with Alexander the Great. It is often used as a metaphor for an impossible problem that is solved easily by finding a loophole or thinking creatively hense "cutting the Gordian knot".

I have been looking left and right for a 100% buckwheat bread recipe. There are plenty of recipes out there, BUT the taste is questionable and they combine all purpose flour and/or off-the-shelf yeast. I think that you will need to make your own buckwheat starter yeast for this to work.

I will go shopping early tomorrow morning to buy buckwheat flour for this experiment of mine. As soon as I have any results, I will post them here.

Shiver me timbers! I'm nervous but excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment