Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hey man, I am Cooking Weed

I had to buy two pounds of dandelions to complement our dinner last night, I just could not resist the temptation. In Hellas when you go to a restaurant to eat you always order a plate of weed. Yum! When I saw dandelions at the supermarket I bought two bunches of it.


You will need to cut the bottom of the weed about two inches high. Here I am using my middle finger to point because my index finger has...a Hanzaplast.


After I cut each bottom I add the weed in a bowl because you need to wash the leaves very well. There is a lot of dust and dirt that needs to wash away.


I used the dish drainer to set the clean weed to dry. 





In parallel, you will need to get a large pot, 1/2 way filled with water, to boil. After the water begins to boil add the weed and let it boil for 15 minutes. Every 4-5 minutes give it a stir.


Drain the pot into a colander and try to squeeze some of the water that remains in the weed. Then, use a fork to pick 2-3 leaves at a time and place it on a plate. Drizzle some olive oil.


Serve warm with 1 cut lemon. Above I do not have the lemon because when I looked in the refrigerator I saw an orange and I thought...well you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment